8.10.2011

A sam harris inspired thought

i don't believe in astrology. people with fully functional brains tend to not believe in that sorta horseshit make-believe. but that doesn't make it necessary for me to DEFINE myself as a non-astrologer.

same with magic. we all know there is no such thing as "MAGIC" but that doesn't mean i have to define myself as a NON-MAGICIAN.

which is why i don't like having to be labeled as an "atheist". i simply refuse to believe in an unprovable lie.

(inspired by the archived sam harris article tipped by j2)

3 comments:

  1. Fuck yeah!!! There is nothing I hate worse than being called a non-believer. I have beliefs, lots of them, one of them happens to be that I don't believe that "god" exists. Which is the most logical conclusion given all the facts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an excellent way to put it!

    On the other hand, I don't mind shocking people with the news that "I am an atheist!" It's like spitting at their god(s).

    ReplyDelete
  3. THEY should all be labeled as DELUSIONAL, because that's exactly what they are.

    ReplyDelete