4.01.2011

Fight the urge

as someone who has had to battle depression on many levels, at many different times in his life, i can honestly say that staying in bed ain't the fucking answer. it only makes things worse.

believe me, i know the feeling of not wanting to do anything or care about anything or be anything... and it's contagious. allow it to seep into your psyche -- just a little bit -- and before long you're sad drunk listening to philip glass, wondering why you even try.

FIGHT!

don't let yourself be sucked in by misery.

FIGHT THAT SHIT!

GET OUTTA BED! GET THE BLOOD PUMPING! DO SOMETHING NICE FOR SOMEONE FOR NO REASON AT ALL.

enjoy. every. day.

2 comments:

  1. Ten years ago I hit bottom. I spent 3 months or so in bed- only getting up to go to work, and crawling back in bed as soon as I got home. I didn't get up at all on weekends. I rarely ate.

    My wife (at the time) had convinced me to move over 1500 miles away from anyone I knew, and then ditched me after spending all my money. My daughter had decided to move back with her mom out of state. My girlfriend had moved away.

    Then, out of the blue, I met someone at work who decided to bring me into her circle of friends and make me feel as though I were the center. (I'm lucky she wasn't part of a cult. Other than the Cult of Karaoke, that is!) I have no doubt I would be dead if it weren't for Amy. I now live far away from Amy, but we will always be good friends. Thanks, Amy.

    My life is almost as bad now as it was back then, but I now know that giving up isn't the solution. I'll fight to live just to piss off my nemesis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you fight to live just to piss off your nemesis cuz that works for you, then go for it. but i would also advise you that you can fight to live for yourself, too. you deserve it. everyone deserves to be happy, especially folks who are selfless and understand/practice that golden rule of golden rules.

    ReplyDelete