10.11.2010

Do something new, learn something new

the last week hasn't been an easy one for me.

in fact, it's been awful. just... plain... awful.

such awfulness led me to run, and run, and run...

until -- lost -- i eventually found myself face to face with my mother. and a bottle of wine.

after 31+ years, my mother and i -- two polar opposite people with polar opposite worldviews -- finally sat down and had a drink together.

it had never been done before.

and in that conversation she showed me that awfulness often breeds breakthroughs.

she was right.

because i realized, despite the awfulness, that i can feel again.

that i know what i want my life to be. i know what i'm capable of: that i can love, that i have support.

and that's fucking cool.

2 comments:

  1. That's the wine talking! You're a degenerate like the rest of us. LOL : D

    ReplyDelete
  2. we can call it: "degeneration x", btb.

    ReplyDelete