5.08.2010

Ave ma-fuckin'-ria, dude

ah.... here i am again... caught somewhere between the crux of religiosity and fantastic, orgasmic art.

they often meld. they're often confused as one. they certainly ain't.

this song is probably one of my favorite tunes of all time... especially when sung by my secret love, dolores o'riordan (i do sincerely love that woman).

so how do i sustain both my disdain for the church and my love for the music that it inspires?

i let go.

i...

just...

let it...

go.

:-)

2 comments:

  1. You could always just download the songs and screw the videos dude. But I agree "they often meld". There have been amazing works of art commissioned by/for the church/others. Compartmentalize, I guess. Otherwise, Ave Maria it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the vid has nothing to do with it in this case, but i do see what you're sayin'. for me it calls for a complete disassociation with the inspiration, which is sorta sad considering how much people really believe in fairytales and stuff. in the meantime, i still love the song :-)

    ReplyDelete